.

.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday - The Trespasser



This is a weekly event that highlights a book we can't wait to be published.  It is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I love Tana French's books - all of them.  They are a loosely connected series, set in Ireland.  I'm always very happy to hear about a new one.  Do I have a favorite - well, if I had to pick, I'd probably pick Faithful Place.  I like Frank Mackey and the story revolves around him in that book.  However, again, I like them all.  This week I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  October 4th

Being on the Murder squad is nothing like Detective Antoinette Conway dreamed it would be. Her partner, Stephen Moran, is the only person who seems glad she’s there. The rest of her working life is a stream of thankless cases, vicious pranks, and harassment. Antoinette is savagely tough, but she’s getting close to the breaking point.

Their new case looks like yet another by-the-numbers lovers’ quarrel gone bad. Aislinn Murray is blond, pretty, groomed to a shine, and dead in her catalogue-perfect living room, next to a table set for a romantic dinner. There’s nothing unusual about her—except that Antoinette’s seen her somewhere before.

And that her death won’t stay in its neat by-numbers box. Other detectives are trying to push Antoinette and Steve into arresting Aislinn’s boyfriend, fast. There’s a shadowy figure at the end of Antoinette's road. Aislinn's friend is hinting that she knew Aislinn was in danger. And everything they find out about Aislinn takes her further from the glossy, passive doll she seemed to be.

Antoinette knows the harassment has turned her paranoid, but she can’t tell just how far gone she is. Is this case another step in the campaign to force her off the squad, or are there darker currents flowing beneath its polished surface?

16 comments:

  1. I really hope this one's a winner!! I love her books, but wasn't impressed with the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so too. I did like the previous one, but I always seem to like books set in schools or colleges.

      Delete
  2. I love all her books; I can't really choose a favourite. :) I'd placed an order for this one and I think it's on its way to me. I hope it'll arrive quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it, Melody. I'm curious how she'll do with the Antoinette character. She wasn't really my favorite from the previous book.

      Delete
  3. I'll bet a lot of people are waiting for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She and Peter Robinson are my very favorite writers. I also love Frank Mackey and I hope when they make the movie or TV show they pick a good actor.

    Looking forward to The Trespasser and hope i can warm to Antoniette Conway. Wasn't crazy about The Secret Place but love her other books. The Likeness and Faithful Place tie for favorites (for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they making a movie or TV show? Or is that wishing? Curious to know. Yes, I wasn't a big fan of Antoinette either, but I did like the book. It's interesting how all the books are quite different.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely, definitely! There are some authors that are auto-buy or borrow. As soon as I saw this title a while back it went directly on my list to look for, though I still have The Secret Place to read (I read these out of order, but it doesn't hurt my enjoyment).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you could definitely read these out of order. I do think that most people have a good time guessing who will be the focus for the next book. I like The Secret Place, but as you can above, not everyone was as fond of it.

      Delete
  6. I really wish my library had this and the first Louise Penny in audio. They're both mystery series that I really feel like I'd just love but I'm having a hard time fitting them in my regular reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Katherine. Maybe at some point they will be available. :-(

      Delete
  7. I've really enjoyed her books although the last one was a bit disappointing. I think my favorites were the first two books and I really wish the first two detectives would make another appearance in her books. I'm so curious if she would ever do a story with them again. I will probably read this one at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've wondered about them too. She has an interesting way of dealing with her characters regarding subsequent books.

      Delete
  8. I'm waiting on this one, too. I love that she has familiar characters, but the books are from different points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also waiting for this one. The library has it on order and I'm number 4. Of course they're only buying two copies so I'll have to wait about a month. I'm reading In the Woods right now and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm so grateful that you turned me on to this author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!