.

.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Home - Harlan Coben

Home by Harlan Coben


First Paragraph:

The boy who has been missing for ten years steps into the light.
     I am not one for hysterics or even feeling much of what might be labeled astonishment.  I have seen much in my forty-plus years.  I have nearly been killed--and I have killed.  I have seen depravity that most would find difficult, if not downright inconceivable, to comprehend--and some would argue that I have administered the same.  I have learned over the years to control my emotions and, more important, my reactions during stressful, volatile situations.  I may strike quickly and violently, but I do nothing without a certain level of deliberation and purpose.


My Thoughts:

I really, really liked this book.  Having been a big fan of this author's Myron and Win series, I was delighted to find a new book featuring these characters - after 5 years.  All the usual gang is around.  Two boys went missing, presumed kidnapped, 10 years ago.  One of them is related to Win, Myron's best friend.  Win has never given up looking.  Finally, one of the boys is located - or is he?  This was a listen/read combo for me.  Steven Weber does an excellent job with the narration.  The tension is high and the thrills non-stop.  Fans of the Bolitar family will be pleased to revisit New Jersey and New York with them.  I'm thinking this may be the last of this series, but I'm satisfied with it.  Highly recommended.


Blurb:

A decade ago, kidnappers grabbed two boys from wealthy families and demanded ransom, then went silent. No trace of the boys ever surfaced. For ten years their families have been left with nothing but painful memories and a quiet desperation for the day that has finally, miraculously arrived: Myron Bolitar and his friend Win believe they have located one of the boys, now a teenager. Where has he been for ten years, and what does he know about the day, more than half a life ago, when he was taken? And most critically: What can he tell Myron and Win about the fate of his missing friend?

3 comments:

  1. I've only read his standalone novels but I know some mystery fans that give this series a thumbs up. One of these days I'll have to check them out but I guess I should start at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites last year! I just can't get enough of Myron and Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really, really need to get a copy of this! I love the characters and so enjoy getting sucked into a good book by Coben! It may be time to reread the entire series again. Maybe this winter?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!