.

.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - The Corpse at the Crystal Palace


I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

I'm particularly pleased to see the book I'm featuring this week.  I've read many books in this series, but not quite all.  And it's been several years since the author had a new Daisy Dalrymple mystery - this is #23.  This week, I'm anxiously waiting on:




Publication Date:  July 3rd

April 1928: Daisy Dalrymple Fletcher is visited in London by her young cousins. On the list of must-see sites is the Crystal Palace. Discovering that her children's nanny, Nanny Gilpin, has never seen the Palace, Daisy decides to make a day of it—bringing her cousins, her 3-year-old twins, her step-daughter Belinda, the nurserymaid, and Nanny Gilpin. Yet this ordinary outing goes wrong when Mrs. Gilpin goes off to the ladies’ room and fails to return. When Daisy goes to look for her, she doesn't find her nanny but instead the body of another woman dressed in a nanny's uniform.

Meanwhile, Belinda and the cousins spot Mrs. Gilpin chasing after yet another nanny. Intrigued, they trail the two through the vast Crystal Palace and into the park. After briefly losing sight of their quarry, they stumble across Mrs. Gilpin lying unconscious in a small lake inhabited by huge concrete dinosaurs.

When she comes to, Mrs. Gilpin can't remember what happened after leaving the twins in the nurserymaid's care. Daisy's husband, Detective Chief Inspector Alec Fletcher of Scotland Yard, finds himself embroiled in the investigation of the murdered nanny. Worried about her children's own injured nanny, Daisy is determined to help. First she has to discover the identity of the third nanny, the presumed murderer, and to do so, Daisy must uncover why the amnesic Mrs. Gilpin deserted her charges to follow the missing third nanny.

33 comments:

  1. I love that title. This looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jus adore this era of time, and it sounds like this will be a great read too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book in this series and have always meant to get back to it. Her books have beautiful covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This new cover set is very nice. I think there are enough of them that they have been republished more than once.

      Delete
  4. That cover is just filled with retro goodness, which for me is still at odds with the title a bit. Which is why it works for me I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are mysteries and there are bodies...LOL!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of the books in this series though I've meant to. I love this cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It a great series. Sorta cozy-ish, but not completely.

      Delete
  6. I am a fan of Daisy, although I have only read a few of the first books. This is a good reminder to pick up more in this series. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too. I need to catch up on the series.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's a good series and do like this new set of covers.

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love the cover for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds so good! Love the time period and the cover is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cozy mysteries and especially the ones written at that time period. I hope you love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the characters, so a visit with them is always welcome.

      Delete
  11. This sounds like so much fun, and a cool setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds wonderful! And I love the cover. Adding it to my wish list, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the new covers they have put on this series. Very attractive.

      Delete
  13. I read the first couple in this series but in the pre-Amazon days they were kind of hard for me to find and I forgot about this series. I'd really love to get back to it. I love the setting and I remember really liking the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice series and easy to dip in and out of.

      Delete
  14. The cover art for this series has always caught my eye, but I haven't read any yet. So many books...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read the first one in this series years ago and for some reason found it hard to get my hands on other books in the series. This is when I was adamant about reading books in order. So I may have only read one more but I would love to go back and explore the series. Loved Daisy and the setting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!